Commercial Vehicle

As with your personal vehicles, Kansas requires you to purchase liability insurance for bodily injury and property damage that may result from an accident occurring while you or someone from your organization is driving your business vehicle.  Uninsured and underinsured motorists coverage and/or medical payments coverage known as Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is also required. You can also purchase physical damage coverage for vehicles your business owns, leases or hires.

The Business Auto Coverage Form (BACF) is the most commonly used contract for providing business auto liability insurance.  Although the form refers only to “autos,” autos are defined to include cars, trucks, trailers, vans or other vehicles designed for use on public roads.

Each vehicle you use in your business can be separately listed on your policy along with its corresponding coverages.  In other words, you can vary the coverage levels, for your vehicles, depending on the their characteristics and uses.