While standard homeowners and renters insurance does not cover earthquake damage, coverage is available in the form of a separate policy or an endorsement from most private insurers.  If you are concerned that your home is at risk from quake-related damages, you may want to consider this option.  Rates vary greatly, depending on how earthquake-prone the region is considered to be.  Deductibles tend to run higher on these policies than on traditional homeowner's policies.